I admit that I have a bit of an addiction…to subscription boxes.
Maybe you’re wondering…Why Hello Fresh? I’ve already tried Blue Apron, so why would even bother with another meal in a box delivery? Why try Pepsi when you’re already into Coca-Cola? It’s important to try out the competition. And besides, I had a coupon.
Here are a few things I enjoyed about Hello Fresh.
- I love the packaging. Yeah, yeah. I know that it’s what’s inside that counts. But I think everyone can admit that a nice book jacket is an added bonus even when you know what the content will be like. When I opened the box, everything was packaged nicely into boxes like this which separates all of the ingredients into the three different meals. It makes it so much easier when you’re getting ready to cook.
- There was a good variety. In one box I had a beef dish, a fish dish and a chicken dish.
- There’s an option for “premium” dishes with higher end ingredients. They cost an extra $5 per meal, but I think it may be worth it! I was tempted to opt for the lobster ravioli but didn’t. I kinda regret it now. Maybe next time!
- The recipes are easy to replicate. While I appreciate the unique ingredients from my Blue Apron boxes, I don’t think I’ll be able to replicate many of the dishes. There are too many ingredients and spice blends that I don’t think I’d be able to find here in my hometown.
- Each recipe makes A LOT of food. Even when sharing the chicken dish, I had lots of leftovers. I think I’m going to have fusili for DAYS! Since there’s a lot of food, the price is worth it!
- Last thing and perhaps the most important thing…the food is delicious! I’ve only tried two of my dishes so far, but they were both delicious! The chicken under a zucchini blanket was packed with veggies and I love the spice in the kale fusili.
Do I think I’ll be trying Hello Fresh again? See for yourself. Who could say no to a meal like this?