I’m all about being efficient and making the most of my time. That’s why I try to avoid watching too much TV.
HOWEVER, I also admit that there are times when nothing feels as good as plopping down on the couch and scrolling through the channels. Those are the times when I start watching a Criminal Minds marathon, promising I’m only going to watch one or two episodes. Before I know it, it’s 11PM and I’ve wasted an entire day.
This also happens with certain movies. I’m sure that everyone has their favorite movies that they’ll watch over and over again, no matter what scene they start on. So here are mine:
1. Selena: Aside from the great music, I just love the one-liners in this movie about Tejana superstar Selena. (“Anything for Selenas…with an S!”) I get a little bit teary-eyed at the final scene where her family breaks down. Makes me wonder what the music scene would be like if she were still around today…
2. Rudy: I love football movies. This one reminds me of when Notre Dame had football players who were all about having heart for the game rather than the publicity that came with it. The scene with Fortune gets me every time: “You’re 5 foot nothin’, 100 and nothin’, and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 years. And you’re gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don’t have to prove nothin’ to nobody but yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen. Now go on back.” And besides, who doesn’t love cheering for the underdog?
3. Remember the Titans: Really. I LOVE football movies! This is Denzel Washington at his second best (behind his performance in Glory)
4. The Blind Side: Sandra Bullock is classic in this football movie. (“I will not wear that gaudy orange…it is not in my color wheel.”) Not gonna lie. This movie is the reason why I cheered for the Ravens this past Super Bowl.
5. The Karate Kid: “Strike first, strike fast, no mercy, Sir!” Sure the Cobra Kai have a lot of great one-liners, but I just can’t get enough of Mr. Miyagi! I was just a kid when this first came out, and the crane is one of my favorite childhood memories!
6. 500 Days of Summer: I really should just get this one on DVD. This movie is what made me love Zooey Deschanel. I love her style. I love her humor. I love her witty comments…The music in this movie is amazing. Is anyone else waiting for a sequel?
Do you have any movies that just make you want to pop some popcorn, turn down the lights and park yourself on the couch?